Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Here are a few recent photos from work:
This is a guisquilero that I made with Humberto, my counterpart. We planted 5 guisquiles (potato-like squash) back in December and just this week made the support. The goal is for the vines to grow up into the strings so that the squash will hang down and be easier to harvest. Also, having the vines planted in one spot (usually they´re just planted wherever) makes it so you only have to fertilize one area. I´m hoping we can get at least 400 squash out of the vines.




This is a coop family (and their chickens) that Marsha and I both work with.


And here´s a family garden we planted back in November.





1 comment:

Linda said...

Dan- as I read your blog I am envious, proud,and humbled by your good works and dedication. You are a wonderful example to all peoples of the world and a giving kind soul. We should all follow your example of giving and being good stewards of this world we live.
My best you
Linda (Christophers mom)