Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Year's Rush

Since returning from my holiday travels, I have not left Coban for anything more than a day trip. I think that's the longest stint I had here in about a year. Less driving certainly makes my life seem much calmer--no more flattened animals, wrecks, etc. However, my workload has been huge. I'm getting
myself ready for three triage missions over the next four months while trying to manage a host of other projects. Furthermore, starting in February, we will have a surgical team down every week for about 3 months. These are definitely the busiest months down here, so I feel like my life is all work. But that's cool. It's what I signed up for and why I'm spending a third year down here.

Here are some of our patients from a big plastic surgery medical mission we had this month. Before every mission, we gather all the patients in Coban from rural areas and then send them down in a group to Antigua. This last mission, we sent in about 20 clefts. These are a handful of patients in Coban right before the mission.




2 comments:

Brian Quarnstrom said...

Dano-Stay away from KC as long as you can--there is wedding fever in the air and it is sparing no one.

Keep the faith,
Q

Andy said...

Dan,
first time on the blog- its awesome. Sounds like you are staying busy down there. I am working with a group at SLU's College Church who is trying to start a sister parish in La Natividad (small mountain village in north east near coast - i think). keep up the good work and the blogging - great pictures!